Friday, December 12, 2008

My Term Research Project

Geraldine and I did the presentation together about “The Impact of New Media in Thailand and Philippines” both positive and negative ways. I started to talk about the impact in Thailand first by telling the statistics of the Internet users and their activities. Then, I talked about the positive impact on new media in “Communication” about email, cell phone, blog, and online diary and how these things affect Thai people and how it’s socializing. Then continued to education aspect and followed by business and entertainment. After I talked about the positive effects then I talked about the negative effects. In communication aspect, a lot of people got hacked by email hackers. In business, many people selling illegal things online. Followed by the entertainment aspect and how kids are addicting to the video games and follow the scene in the game. At the end, I mentioned about the solution of the negative effects. Then the presentation moved on to the impact of new media in Philippines introduced by Geraldine.

For what I think, the impacts of the new media in other countries are very similar to the impact in Thailand and Philippines. What about the impact of the new media of your country? Is the impacts are very similar or different?

1 comment:

msyed85 said...

hmmm.i know talkster is kinda kool website..But i doubt that if they have Thailand in their list.They only have 32 countries it just started with USA and Canada.They add new countries.They all add your country soon too.